Other Work Visas

H-3 Trainees

The H-3 classification applies to aliens coming temporarily to the U.S. to participate in a training program when the proposed training is not available in the beneficiary’s home country; he/she will not be productively employed except as incidental to training; and the raining will benefit the alien in pursuing a career outside the U.S.

H-2A Agricultural Workers

The H-2A visa is for agricultural employers who anticipate a shortage of domestic workers for specific agricultural-related positions and wish to bring nonimmigrant foreign workers to the U.S. to perform agricultural labor or services of a temporary or seasonal nature.

H-2B Seasonal, Intermittent, Peakload Workers

The H-2B nonimmigrant program allows employers to hire foreign workers to come to the U.S. and perform temporary nonagricultural work that is one-time, seasonal, peak load or intermittent, as long as no qualified U.S. workers are available for these jobs.

R-1 Religious Workers

The Religious Worker (R) visa is for persons seeking to enter the United States (U.S.) to work in a religious capacity for a religious organization on a temporary basis.

E-3 Work Visa for Australians

This visa category only for Australian nationals going to the U.S. to work temporarily in a professional position.  The requirements are similar to an H-1B visa, but the process is faster since the employee can apply directly at the US consulate and receive a decision.  There’s an annual cap for this visa category, but so far E-3 visa demand has never met this cap.

‘I’ Media Worker

The “media (I)” visa is a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily who are representatives of the foreign media traveling to the United States, engaging in their profession, having the home office in a foreign country.

‘D’ Crew Worker

This visa for alien crewmen on board vessels who intend to land temporarily and depart the U.S. on the same or another vessel of the same transportation line.

These are the common visa categories used by employers and employees.  If you would like to explore these or other possible options, please contact us online or call us at 919-833-0840 to schedule a consultation with our business immigration attorneys.

Schedule a Consulation