Fiancé(e) Visa

Fiancé Visa Lawyer

K-1 Visa Attorney in Raleigh, North Carolina

Love knows no boundaries, but unfortunately, immigration laws do. For couples separated by borders and seas, navigating the complex world of immigration law can be daunting. If you are a US citizen engaged to a foreign national and planning to bring them to the United States, you will need to go through the process of obtaining a fiancé visa or formally known as a K-1 visa. This process can be overwhelming and time-consuming, especially if you are unfamiliar with the legal requirements and procedures required.

Bashyam Global Immigration: Your Trusted Partner in Navigating the Fiancé Visa Process

K-1 Visa Attorney in Raleigh, North Carolina

You don’t have to go through this process alone. With the help of our dedicated Raleigh, North Carolina-based Family Immigration lawyers at Bashyam Global LLP, you can streamline the process and ensure your loved one can join you in the United States as soon as legally possible. One of our attorneys specializing in Fiancé visas can provide expert guidance, support, and representation every step of the way, making the process smoother and less stressful. Contact us for a free consultation today.

Below is a brief description of the Fiancé Visa, qualifications, requirements, and process of obtaining a Fiancé Visa for your future spouse.

What is a Fiancé Visa?

A fiancé visa, also called a K-1 visa, is a specific visa issued by the United States Government that allows an individual from another country to enter the US to marry their US citizen fiancé. Foreign citizens must obtain a K-1 visa to enter the United States to marry their US citizen fiancé. 

Do You Need a K-1 Visa Attorney in Raleigh, North Carolina?

Due to the complex nature of immigration law, we suggest you hire a K-1 visa lawyer.

If you are looking for a K-1 visa attorney, choose one with experience and knowledge of immigration law and familiarity with fiancé visas. When selecting an attorney, you should ensure they have extensive experience handling cases involving fiancé visas and understand the process from beginning to end. It is also essential to find an attorney who is personable and understanding of your needs so that you feel comfortable sharing any information or concerns regarding your case.

k1 visa for fiances

What is a Fiancé Visa Lawyer?

Qualifications and Specializations 

A fiancé visa lawyer is an attorney specializing in immigration law with expertise in the complexities of obtaining a K-1 visa. They know the regulations, requirements, and procedures necessary for filing a petition for a fiancé visa, ensuring that all paperwork is filled out correctly and submitted on time.

What are the Services Offered by a Fiance Lawyer?

Our fiance immigration attorneys specialize in all facets of obtaining a K-1 visa. The legal team at Bashyam Global will guide you through every step of the process, including:

  • Ensuring all the necessary paperwork is filed correctly and on time
  • Advising clients on appropriate documentation and evidence that must be provided to demonstrate the legality of the relationship
  • Advising couples on any additional documents they may need, such as proof of intention to marry within 90 days or any other requirements necessary for obtaining the visa
  • Advising you of any legal issues and explaining your rights under US immigration law.
  • Providing legal representation in court if necessary
  • Helping clients navigate the interview process with immigration officials

Our attorneys at Bashyam Global are prepared to provide expert support and guidance throughout the process. Our team is dedicated to helping you navigate the complexities of obtaining a fiancé visa so that your loved one can join you in the United States soon. Contact us today for a free consultation.

What are the Requirements to Sponsor Your Foreign Citizen Fiancé For a K-1 Visa?

What are the Requirements to Sponsor Your Foreign Citizen Fiancé For a K-1 Visa?

To sponsor your foreign citizen fiancé for a K-1 visa, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must be a US citizen and live in the United States.
  • You and your foreign fiancé(e) must have met at least once in person within the past two years (unless specific cultural/religious reasons prohibit this).
  • You must be able to provide proof of your relationship (photographs, emails, etc.).
  • You must have the financial resources to support your fiancé upon their entry into the United States.
  • Your fiancé must meet all visa requirements and pass a medical examination before entering the US.
  • You must file a Petition for Alien Fiancé (Form I-129F) with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Are you feeling overwhelmed? A fiance visa lawyer can ease the burden and help you through the process. Don’t hesitate to contact our team with any questions or concerns. We are here to support you in reuniting with your loved ones.

What are the Steps Involved in Filing for a Fiancé Visa?

1.     Collect Required Documents and Evidence

  • Proof of US citizenship, copy of your birth certificate or US passport
  • Evidence of a bona fide relationship between the couple, such as photographs or letters demonstrating a genuine commitment to each other
  • Proof of intent to marry each other within 90 days of your fiancé’s entry to the United States
  • A copy of the foreign-born fiancé’s passport and birth certificate
  • Birth certificate for any children of the foreign-born fiancé
  • Proof of termination of any previous marriages

2.     Prepare and Submit the Form I-129F Petition to USCIS

  • Complete Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This form must be completed accurately. Our K-1 visa attorney will assist you with this process to ensure everything is filled out correctly and accurately.
  • Submit Form I-129F form and all the required supporting documents to the USCIS.

How will I know if my case has been approved or not?

  • You will receive a Notice of Action informing you if your fiancé visa petition has been approved.
  • The case will then be forwarded to the National Visa Center, an agency to coordinate with the US consulate of the country of residence of your fiancé.

3.     File Form DS-160

  • Once the Form I-129F petition is approved, you must file a separate form with the Department of State called DS-160. The DS-160 form is an online nonimmigrant visa application used by the Department of State to process foreign citizens who wish to travel to the United States. The form is used for both tourist and business visas, as well as fiancé visas.
  • The Form DS-160 must be completed accurately, and all required documents must be included to accept the application. Our K-1 visa attorneys will help you with this process and ensure everything is filled out correctly so there are no delays.

What Does My Fiancé Need to Do Once the Petition Has Been Approved?

Once the petition has been approved, your foreign-born fiancé must attend an interview at their nearest US Consulate in their home country or country of current residence. At this interview, they will be asked questions about the relationship, immigration status, and other matters related to eligibility for a K-1 visa.

At Bashyam Global, we believe that to give the best chance of success at the interview, your Fiancé should have a pre-interview preparation session with one of our lawyers on how to approach the interview and any additional documents that may be needed for the application.

In this session, our attorney will review the case with your fiancé and conduct a “mock interview” to best prepare them for the questions they will encounter at their K-1 interview.

When Can My Foreign Citizen Fiancé Travel to the US?

Only once all requirements have been met and the US consulate grants the K-1 visa. At this point, your fiancé can travel to the United States and begin your new life together.

What is the Timeline to Get Married Once My Fiancé Enters the US?

You, the US citizen sponsor, must marry your fiancé within 90 days of them entering the US. Ensuring that your marriage takes place within 90 days of your fiancé entering the US is extremely important since this is a requirement for obtaining lawful permanent residence status and citizenship.

After the marriage is official, the K-1 holder must submit an Adjustment of Status application to acquire a green card, formally referred to as lawful permanent resident status.

Timeline to Get Married Once Fiancé Enters the US

How Can Bashyam Global Assist You in Successfully Completing the Fiancé Visa Process?

Bashyam Global Assisting Fiances in Successfully Completing the Fiancé Visa Process

The fiancé visa application process is complex. Entering into a marriage can be stressful enough, and having a fiancé coming to the US from another country can provide an additional measure of anxiety. Having one of our experienced lawyers by your side can help make the process go more smoothly and reduce some of the stress, as fiancé visa lawyers will ensure all the requirements are handled professionally and efficiently. Our team will help with the following:

  •  Ensure that all documents required to prove the bona fide relationship between you and your fiancé are included in the application.
  • Obtain recent photographs of you and your fiancé to demonstrate a genuine commitment to each other.
  • Ensure all required forms are filled out correctly and with accurate information.
  • Assist in gathering any additional documents or evidence needed for the consular interview, such as proof of termination of previous marriages or birth certificates for any children of the foreign-born fiancé.
  • Ensure your fiancé is well prepared for the in-person interview and is ready to answer questions accurately, honestly, and confidently.
  • Provide guidance on proceeding after approval, such as getting married within 90 days and filing for permanent residence status.
  • Be available anytime during the K-1 visa process to provide additional information or assistance.
  • Be there to assist with any issues which may arise.

What is the Cost of Hiring a Fiancé/K-1 Visa Immigration Lawyer?

The cost of hiring a K-1 visa immigration lawyer varies depending on the complexity of your case and the amount of assistance you require. At Bashyam Global LLP, our attorneys offer personalized services to fit your needs best. We provide flexible pricing plans designed to meet your budget and ensure successful application processing.

engagement ring on a fiance visa

Navigating the Fiancé Visa Process with Bashyam Global Immigration: A Dedicated and Personalized Approach

You have taken a big step by researching K-1 visa options and looking into hiring a lawyer. Our team at Bashyam Global LLP is here to help guide you through the entire process with reliable assistance. Bashyam Global LLP has been helping couples navigate the K-1 visa application process for many years. We are committed to providing personalized, efficient, and reliable service to ensure your fiancé visa application is successful. Contact us online or call us at 919-833-0840 today to learn how we can help you successfully reunite with your loved one.

Schedule a Consulation