In response to COVID-19, our office is still operating and we encourage those who want to set up a consultation with us to do so and you will have the option via phone or skype. Visit our Coronavirus Resource page for up-to-date info on COVID-19 and immigration.

Athletes and Artists

In our firm, we have tennis players, marathon runners, poets, writers, singers, musicians, and more. You name it, and we probably have it.  We understand the artist and the athlete, and we also understand what they need from an immigration standpoint. 

Most artists and athletes should look at these visa categories if they are wanting to come to the US:

O-1 or O-2 Visa

The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.

P  Visa

The P visa category is for certain culturally unique artists, internationally recognized athletes, and entertainers (groups) who have achieved national or international recognition as outstanding in the discipline. 

There is also a green card category (EB-1 Extraordinary Ability (Artists/Athletes)) for people who wish to pursue a more permanent solution.  However, this is a very high standard and you should speak with an immigration attorney to see if you qualify for it.

If you are an artist or athlete and want to see what your immigration options are for coming to the United States, call us to schedule a time to speak with one of our immigration attorneys.